Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 7, 2013 at 3:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 7, 2013 at 03:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.21 meters/second, 1556.0 km/hour, 966.8 miles/hour or 840.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 20.7"||966.59 mi||West||0° 07' 41.9"||8.82 mi||South||966.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 18.9"||890.80 mi||East||2° 38' 53.7"||182.10 mi||South||903.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Mon 1:42 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 1:42 PM||596 km||371 miles||322 nm||N|
|Lae||Mon 1:42 PM||897 km||558 miles||485 nm||N|
|Honiara||Mon 2:42 PM||1510 km||939 miles||816 nm||ENE|
|Brisbane||Mon 1:42 PM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Mon 12:42 PM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Mon 1:12 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Mon 1:12 PM||1790 km||1112 miles||966 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Mon 12:42 PM||2117 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Mon 2:42 PM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.