Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 7, 2013 at 5:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 7, 2013 at 05:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.65 meters/second, 1553.9 kilometres/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.8"||965.33 mi||West||0° 07' 31.7"||8.63 mi||South||965.09 mi|
|24 hours||13° 21' 52.8"||892.62 mi||East||2° 34' 15.1"||176.78 mi||South||904.36 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raba||Mon 1:40 PM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||N|
|Kupang||Mon 1:40 PM||755 km||469 miles||408 nm||NE|
|Ende||Mon 1:40 PM||759 km||471 miles||410 nm||NNE|
|Mataram||Mon 1:40 PM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||NNW|
|Denpasar||Mon 1:40 PM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||NNW|
|Singaraja||Mon 1:40 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Mon 2:40 PM||951 km||591 miles||514 nm||NE|
|Same||Mon 2:40 PM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||NE|
|Malang||Mon 12:40 PM||1034 km||642 miles||558 nm||NW|
|Dili||Mon 2:40 PM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.