Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 7, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 7, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.34 meters/second, 1542.0 km/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 32.8"||957.92 mi||West||0° 06' 24.0"||7.34 mi||South||957.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 20.8"||902.44 mi||East||2° 04' 02.2"||142.17 mi||South||908.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cuiabá||Mon 1:40 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||NW|
|Barra do Garças||Mon 2:40 PM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||ENE|
|Goiânia||Mon 2:40 PM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||E|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Mon 1:40 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||W|
|Brasilia||Mon 2:40 PM||723 km||449 miles||390 nm||E|
|Asuncion *||Mon 2:40 PM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo||Mon 2:40 PM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Mon 1:40 PM||1164 km||724 miles||629 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Mon 2:40 PM||1394 km||866 miles||753 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Mon 1:40 PM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.