Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.51 meters/second, 1513.9 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.3"||940.39 mi||West||0° 01' 21.3"||1.55 mi||North||940.46 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 17.3"||910.38 mi||East||1° 07' 24.6"||77.28 mi||North||916.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Thu 4:20 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Thu 4:50 PM||1615 km||1003 miles||872 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Thu 4:50 PM||1649 km||1025 miles||890 nm||NNE|
|Bengkulu||Thu 4:50 PM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||N|
|Malang||Thu 4:50 PM||1868 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Thu 4:50 PM||1894 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Thu 4:50 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Thu 5:50 PM||2036 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||NE|
|Perth||Thu 5:50 PM||2113 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||SE|
|Singapore||Thu 5:50 PM||2331 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.