Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.52 meters/second, 1513.9 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||north||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.3"||940.46 mi||west||0° 01' 21.5"||1.56 mi||north||940.53 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 16.7"||910.44 mi||east||1° 07' 27.9"||77.35 mi||north||916.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandung||Thu 4:50 PM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Thu 4:50 PM||1662 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NNE|
|Bengkulu||Thu 4:50 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||947 nm||N|
|Malang||Thu 4:50 PM||1899 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Thu 4:50 PM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Thu 4:50 PM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Thu 5:50 PM||2060 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||ENE|
|Perth||Thu 5:50 PM||2134 km||1326 miles||1152 nm||SE|
|Singapore||Thu 5:50 PM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Thu 4:50 PM||2393 km||1487 miles||1292 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.