Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.59 meters/second, 1514.1 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 01.3"||0.03 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 55.0"||940.56 mi||West||0° 01' 30.6"||1.73 mi||North||940.64 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 38.7"||909.84 mi||East||1° 10' 59.8"||81.38 mi||North||916.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Thu 5:02 PM||1735 km||1078 miles||937 nm||NW|
|Amsterdam Island||Thu 4:02 PM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||SSW|
|Port Louis||Thu 3:02 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||W|
|Male||Thu 4:02 PM||2792 km||1735 miles||1508 nm||NNW|
|Saint-Denis||Thu 3:02 PM||2841 km||1766 miles||1534 nm||W|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 4:32 PM||2923 km||1816 miles||1578 nm||N|
|Jakarta||Thu 6:02 PM||3003 km||1866 miles||1621 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Thu 7:02 PM||3254 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Thu 7:02 PM||3259 km||2025 miles||1760 nm||NE|
|Victoria||Thu 3:02 PM||3371 km||2094 miles||1820 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.