Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.53 meters/second, 1517.5 km/hour, 942.9 miles/hour or 819.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 04.6"||942.68 mi||West||0° 02' 45.4"||3.16 mi||North||942.81 mi|
|24 hours||13° 50' 09.9"||904.65 mi||East||1° 39' 37.6"||114.20 mi||North||916.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fuerte Olimpo *||Thu 5:50 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||SSE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Thu 4:50 PM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||NW|
|Santa Cruz||Thu 4:50 PM||498 km||309 miles||269 nm||WNW|
|Sucre||Thu 4:50 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||W|
|Asuncion *||Thu 5:50 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||S|
|Salta||Thu 5:50 PM||942 km||585 miles||508 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Thu 4:50 PM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia||Thu 5:50 PM||1201 km||746 miles||648 nm||ENE|
|São Paulo||Thu 5:50 PM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Thu 4:50 PM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.