Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.66 meters/second, 1518.0 km/hour, 943.2 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.9"||942.96 mi||West||0° 02' 52.9"||3.30 mi||North||943.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 23.5"||904.06 mi||East||1° 42' 28.7"||117.46 mi||North||916.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Thu 4:50 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||NNE|
|Antofagasta *||Thu 6:50 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||SSE|
|La Paz||Thu 5:50 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||ENE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 4:50 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||N|
|Cochabamba||Thu 5:50 PM||754 km||469 miles||407 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Thu 5:50 PM||823 km||512 miles||445 nm||E|
|Lima||Thu 4:50 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||NNW|
|Salta||Thu 6:50 PM||1018 km||633 miles||550 nm||SE|
|Rio Branco||Thu 5:50 PM||1150 km||714 miles||621 nm||NNE|
|Santiago *||Thu 6:50 PM||1616 km||1004 miles||873 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.