Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.68 meters/second, 1518.0 km/hour, 943.3 miles/hour or 819.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 06.1"||943.01 mi||West||0° 02' 54.1"||3.33 mi||North||943.15 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 15.6"||903.96 mi||East||1° 42' 57.0"||118.01 mi||North||916.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Thu 5:00 PM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||NE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Thu 5:00 PM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Thu 5:00 PM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Thu 6:00 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Thu 6:00 PM||1076 km||669 miles||581 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Thu 6:00 PM||1296 km||805 miles||700 nm||NE|
|Santiago *||Thu 7:00 PM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||SSE|
|Córdoba||Thu 7:00 PM||1783 km||1108 miles||962 nm||SE|
|Guayaquil||Thu 5:00 PM||1919 km||1193 miles||1036 nm||NNW|
|Asuncion *||Thu 7:00 PM||1966 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.