Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 43%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.40 meters/second, 1524.2 km/hour, 947.1 miles/hour or 823.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 24.3"||946.87 mi||West||0° 04' 13.5"||4.84 mi||North||947.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 41.4"||896.88 mi||East||2° 12' 43.9"||152.13 mi||North||915.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Fri 4:50 PM||68 km||42 miles||37 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 6:20 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Fri 6:20 PM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Fri 6:20 PM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||SE|
|Dili||Fri 5:50 PM||1125 km||699 miles||608 nm||NNW|
|Eucla||Fri 5:35 PM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||S|
|Makassar||Fri 4:50 PM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Fri 4:50 PM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Fri 6:50 PM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||E|
|Perth||Fri 4:50 PM||1955 km||1215 miles||1055 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.