Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 9:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 09:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.55 meters/second, 1524.8 km/hour, 947.5 miles/hour or 823.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 26.0"||947.22 mi||West||0° 04' 19.5"||4.96 mi||North||947.43 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 52.6"||896.29 mi||East||2° 14' 56.2"||154.66 mi||North||915.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Fri 5:40 PM||1075 km||668 miles||581 nm||N|
|Malang||Fri 4:40 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Fri 4:40 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Fri 4:40 PM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||NNW|
|Semarang||Fri 4:40 PM||1406 km||873 miles||759 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Fri 6:40 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||NE|
|Makassar||Fri 5:40 PM||1497 km||930 miles||808 nm||NNE|
|Perth||Fri 5:40 PM||1511 km||939 miles||816 nm||S|
|Bandung||Fri 4:40 PM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Fri 7:10 PM||1692 km||1051 miles||914 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.