Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.62 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.79 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||north||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 26.7"||947.44 mi||west||0° 04' 21.9"||5.01 mi||north||947.65 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 31.9"||896.11 mi||east||2° 15' 51.8"||155.73 mi||north||915.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Fri 6:00 PM||1151 km||715 miles||621 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 5:00 PM||1153 km||716 miles||623 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Fri 5:00 PM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Fri 5:00 PM||1232 km||765 miles||665 nm||N|
|Semarang||Fri 5:00 PM||1254 km||779 miles||677 nm||N|
|Bandung||Fri 5:00 PM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Fri 5:00 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Fri 6:00 PM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||SSE|
|Makassar||Fri 6:00 PM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Fri 5:00 PM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.