Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.62 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 26.7"||947.36 mi||West||0° 04' 21.7"||5.00 mi||North||947.58 mi|
|24 hours||13° 38' 33.0"||896.06 mi||East||2° 15' 48.9"||155.66 mi||North||914.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Fri 6:00 PM||1140 km||709 miles||616 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 5:00 PM||1149 km||714 miles||620 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Fri 5:00 PM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Fri 5:00 PM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||N|
|Semarang||Fri 5:00 PM||1256 km||781 miles||678 nm||N|
|Bandung||Fri 5:00 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Fri 5:00 PM||1436 km||892 miles||775 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Fri 6:00 PM||1576 km||980 miles||851 nm||SSE|
|Makassar||Fri 6:00 PM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Fri 5:00 PM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.