Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.78 meters/second, 1525.6 km/hour, 948.0 miles/hour or 823.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.80 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||north||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.3"||947.73 mi||west||0° 04' 27.9"||5.12 mi||north||947.95 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 42.2"||895.45 mi||east||2° 18' 02.9"||158.22 mi||north||914.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandung||Fri 5:50 PM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Fri 5:50 PM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||NNE|
|Bengkulu||Fri 5:50 PM||1632 km||1014 miles||881 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Fri 5:50 PM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 5:50 PM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Fri 5:50 PM||1907 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Fri 6:50 PM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 6:50 PM||2219 km||1379 miles||1198 nm||NNE|
|Perth||Fri 6:50 PM||2262 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||SE|
|Pontianak||Fri 5:50 PM||2301 km||1429 miles||1242 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.