Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.78 meters/second, 1525.6 km/hour, 948.0 miles/hour or 823.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.4"||947.74 mi||West||0° 04' 27.9"||5.12 mi||North||947.96 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 41.5"||895.44 mi||East||2° 18' 05.3"||158.27 mi||North||914.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Fri 5:22 PM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Fri 5:52 PM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Fri 5:52 PM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||NNE|
|Bengkulu||Fri 5:52 PM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Fri 5:52 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Fri 5:52 PM||1865 km||1159 miles||1007 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Fri 5:52 PM||1924 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Fri 6:52 PM||2052 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 6:52 PM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||NNE|
|Perth||Fri 6:52 PM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.