Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.82 meters/second, 1525.7 km/hour, 948.1 miles/hour or 823.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.8"||947.81 mi||West||0° 04' 29.1"||5.14 mi||North||948.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 31.4"||895.32 mi||East||2° 18' 31.4"||158.76 mi||North||914.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Fri 5:32 PM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||N|
|Bengkulu||Fri 6:02 PM||1713 km||1064 miles||925 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Fri 6:02 PM||1731 km||1076 miles||935 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Fri 6:02 PM||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||NE|
|Palembang||Fri 6:02 PM||1908 km||1185 miles||1030 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Fri 6:02 PM||2132 km||1325 miles||1151 nm||ENE|
|Denpasar||Fri 7:02 PM||2278 km||1416 miles||1230 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Fri 7:02 PM||2300 km||1429 miles||1242 nm||NNE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 7:02 PM||2431 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||NNE|
|Pontianak||Fri 6:02 PM||2451 km||1523 miles||1323 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.