Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 12:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 12:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.02 meters/second, 1526.5 km/hour, 948.5 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 30.9"||948.26 mi||West||0° 04' 36.1"||5.28 mi||North||948.48 mi|
|24 hours||13° 36' 31.0"||894.60 mi||East||2° 21' 07.3"||161.74 mi||North||914.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Diego Garcia||Fri 6:02 PM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||NW|
|Amsterdam Island||Fri 5:02 PM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||S|
|Port Louis||Fri 4:02 PM||2599 km||1615 miles||1403 nm||W|
|Male||Fri 5:02 PM||2644 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 5:32 PM||2779 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||N|
|Saint-Denis||Fri 4:02 PM||2814 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||W|
|Jakarta||Fri 7:02 PM||2991 km||1858 miles||1615 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Fri 8:02 PM||3187 km||1980 miles||1721 nm||NE|
|Singapore||Fri 8:02 PM||3206 km||1992 miles||1731 nm||NE|
|Victoria||Fri 4:02 PM||3266 km||2030 miles||1764 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.