Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 2:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 14:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.59 meters/second, 1528.5 km/hour, 949.8 miles/hour or 825.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 37.0"||949.55 mi||West||0° 04' 55.6"||5.65 mi||North||949.79 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 37.9"||892.55 mi||East||2° 28' 17.8"||169.96 mi||North||914.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nampula||Fri 4:50 PM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||NW|
|Mahajanga||Fri 5:50 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||ENE|
|Pemba||Fri 4:50 PM||564 km||351 miles||305 nm||NNW|
|Antsirabe||Fri 5:50 PM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||ESE|
|Antananarivo||Fri 5:50 PM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||E|
|Toliara||Fri 5:50 PM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||SSE|
|Fomboni||Fri 5:50 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NNE|
|Mamoutzou||Fri 5:50 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||NNE|
|Fianarantsoa||Fri 5:50 PM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||SE|
|Mutsamudu||Fri 5:50 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.