Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 3:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 15:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.77 meters/second, 1529.2 kilometres/hour, 950.2 miles/hour or 825.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.09 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 38.9"||949.95 mi||West||0° 05' 01.4"||5.76 mi||North||950.19 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 45.2"||891.93 mi||East||2° 30' 24.0"||172.37 mi||North||914.30 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chinhoyi||Fri 5:40 PM||75 km||46 miles||40 nm||NE|
|Harare||Fri 5:40 PM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||E|
|Chitungwiza||Fri 5:40 PM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||E|
|Gweru||Fri 5:40 PM||177 km||110 miles||96 nm||S|
|Masvingo||Fri 5:40 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SSE|
|Bulawayo||Fri 5:40 PM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||SSW|
|Lusaka||Fri 5:40 PM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNW|
|Mutare||Fri 5:40 PM||334 km||208 miles||181 nm||ESE|
|Kabwe||Fri 5:40 PM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||NNW|
|Francistown||Fri 5:40 PM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.