Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.84 meters/second, 1529.4 km/hour, 950.3 miles/hour or 825.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 39.6"||950.11 mi||West||0° 05' 03.7"||5.80 mi||North||950.35 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 24.1"||891.68 mi||East||2° 31' 14.3"||173.33 mi||North||914.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Fri 6:00 PM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SSW|
|Mongu||Fri 6:00 PM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||NW|
|Lusaka||Fri 6:00 PM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NE|
|Francistown||Fri 6:00 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||SE|
|Bulawayo||Fri 6:00 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||SE|
|Kabwe||Fri 6:00 PM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||NE|
|Serowe||Fri 6:00 PM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SSE|
|Rundu *||Fri 6:00 PM||545 km||339 miles||295 nm||W|
|Gweru||Fri 6:00 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||ESE|
|Ghanzi||Fri 6:00 PM||548 km||341 miles||296 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.