Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 16:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 424.85 meters/second, 1529.5 kilometres/hour, 950.4 miles/hour or 825.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 39.7"||950.13 mi||West||0° 05' 03.9"||5.81 mi||North||950.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 22.0"||891.66 mi||East||2° 31' 19.4"||173.43 mi||North||914.25 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Fri 6:02 PM||263 km||164 miles||142 nm||SSW|
|Mongu||Fri 6:02 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NNW|
|Lusaka||Fri 6:02 PM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||ENE|
|Francistown||Fri 6:02 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||SE|
|Rundu *||Fri 6:02 PM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||W|
|Bulawayo||Fri 6:02 PM||508 km||315 miles||274 nm||ESE|
|Ghanzi||Fri 6:02 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||SSW|
|Serowe||Fri 6:02 PM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SSE|
|Kabwe||Fri 6:02 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||NE|
|Gweru||Fri 6:02 PM||596 km||370 miles||322 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.