Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 16:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.02 meters/second, 1530.1 km/hour, 950.8 miles/hour or 826.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 41.5"||950.52 mi||West||0° 05' 09.4"||5.91 mi||North||950.77 mi|
|24 hours||13° 31' 30.7"||891.06 mi||East||2° 33' 19.3"||175.72 mi||North||914.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Opuwo *||Fri 6:50 PM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Fri 5:50 PM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||NNE|
|Swakopmund *||Fri 6:50 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||SSE|
|Walvis Bay *||Fri 6:50 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SSE|
|Menongue||Fri 5:50 PM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||ENE|
|Huambo||Fri 5:50 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||NNE|
|Windhoek *||Fri 6:50 PM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||SE|
|Rundu *||Fri 6:50 PM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||E|
|Malanje||Fri 5:50 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||NNE|
|Luanda||Fri 5:50 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.