Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 5:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 17:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.07 meters/second, 1530.2 km/hour, 950.8 miles/hour or 826.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 41.9"||950.62 mi||West||0° 05' 10.8"||5.94 mi||North||950.87 mi|
|24 hours||13° 31' 17.9"||890.91 mi||East||2° 33' 49.2"||176.29 mi||North||914.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Fri 6:02 PM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||NE|
|Walvis Bay *||Fri 7:02 PM||744 km||463 miles||402 nm||SE|
|Huambo||Fri 6:02 PM||825 km||513 miles||445 nm||NE|
|Menongue||Fri 6:02 PM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||ENE|
|Windhoek *||Fri 7:02 PM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||SE|
|Luanda||Fri 6:02 PM||1045 km||650 miles||565 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Fri 6:02 PM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Fri 6:02 PM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Fri 5:02 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||W|
|Gaborone||Fri 7:02 PM||1818 km||1130 miles||982 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.