Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 7:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 19:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.70 meters/second, 1532.5 km/hour, 952.3 miles/hour or 827.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.87 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.87 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 48.6"||952.04 mi||West||0° 05' 29.6"||6.30 mi||North||952.30 mi|
|24 hours||13° 28' 15.6"||888.78 mi||East||2° 40' 42.1"||184.17 mi||North||913.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Fri 4:50 PM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Fri 4:50 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Fri 4:50 PM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 4:50 PM||1762 km||1095 miles||951 nm||NNW|
|Guarulhos||Fri 4:50 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo||Fri 4:50 PM||1819 km||1131 miles||982 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia||Fri 4:50 PM||1874 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||W|
|Jamestown||Fri 7:50 PM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||E|
|Belém||Fri 4:50 PM||2657 km||1651 miles||1434 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Fri 4:50 PM||2947 km||1831 miles||1591 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.