Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 8:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 20:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.89 meters/second, 1533.2 km/hour, 952.7 miles/hour or 827.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 50.6"||952.47 mi||West||0° 05' 35.2"||6.40 mi||North||952.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 20.6"||888.15 mi||East||2° 42' 42.9"||186.47 mi||North||913.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Teófilo Otoni||Fri 5:40 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||ESE|
|Governador Valadares||Fri 5:40 PM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||SSE|
|Montes Claros||Fri 5:40 PM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||WNW|
|Belo Horizonte||Fri 5:40 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SSW|
|Vitória||Fri 5:40 PM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||SE|
|Niterói||Fri 5:40 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||S|
|Brasilia||Fri 5:40 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Fri 5:40 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||S|
|Salvador||Fri 5:40 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||NE|
|São Paulo||Fri 5:40 PM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.