Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.93 meters/second, 1533.4 km/hour, 952.8 miles/hour or 827.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 51.1"||952.56 mi||West||0° 05' 36.2"||6.42 mi||North||952.83 mi|
|24 hours||13° 27' 09.4"||888.02 mi||East||2° 43' 06.9"||186.93 mi||North||913.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Montes Claros||Fri 5:50 PM||126 km||79 miles||68 nm||NE|
|Belo Horizonte||Fri 5:50 PM||294 km||183 miles||159 nm||SSE|
|Brasilia||Fri 5:50 PM||371 km||231 miles||200 nm||WNW|
|Goiânia||Fri 5:50 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||W|
|Vitória||Fri 5:50 PM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||SE|
|Pirassununga||Fri 5:50 PM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||SSW|
|Petrópolis||Fri 5:50 PM||591 km||368 miles||319 nm||SSE|
|Niterói||Fri 5:50 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro||Fri 5:50 PM||640 km||397 miles||345 nm||SSE|
|Campinas||Fri 5:50 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.