Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.17 meters/second, 1534.2 km/hour, 953.3 miles/hour or 828.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.5"||953.09 mi||West||0° 05' 42.9"||6.55 mi||North||953.36 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 02.7"||887.25 mi||East||2° 45' 30.6"||189.67 mi||North||913.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 5:50 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||WNW|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 5:50 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||W|
|Sucre||Fri 5:50 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||WSW|
|Asuncion *||Fri 6:50 PM||899 km||558 miles||485 nm||S|
|La Paz||Fri 5:50 PM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||W|
|Riberalta||Fri 5:50 PM||1012 km||629 miles||546 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Fri 6:50 PM||1226 km||762 miles||662 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 5:50 PM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||NW|
|São Paulo||Fri 6:50 PM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||ESE|
|Manaus||Fri 5:50 PM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.