Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 9:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 21:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.18 meters/second, 1534.2 km/hour, 953.3 miles/hour or 828.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.7"||953.11 mi||West||0° 05' 43.1"||6.55 mi||North||953.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 00.6"||887.22 mi||East||2° 45' 35.4"||189.77 mi||North||913.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 5:52 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||NW|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 5:52 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||W|
|Fuerte Olimpo *||Fri 6:52 PM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SSE|
|Sucre||Fri 5:52 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||WSW|
|Cochabamba||Fri 5:52 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||W|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Fri 6:52 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Fri 5:52 PM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||W|
|Asuncion *||Fri 6:52 PM||910 km||565 miles||491 nm||SSE|
|Riberalta||Fri 5:52 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||NW|
|Salta||Fri 6:52 PM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.