Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.21 meters/second, 1534.4 km/hour, 953.4 miles/hour or 828.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 53.9"||953.18 mi||West||0° 05' 44.0"||6.57 mi||North||953.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 51.7"||887.12 mi||East||2° 45' 54.3"||190.13 mi||North||913.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 6:00 PM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||NE|
|Santa Cruz||Fri 6:00 PM||170 km||106 miles||92 nm||WSW|
|Sucre||Fri 6:00 PM||427 km||265 miles||230 nm||WSW|
|La Paz||Fri 6:00 PM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||W|
|Riberalta||Fri 6:00 PM||841 km||523 miles||454 nm||NW|
|Salta||Fri 7:00 PM||915 km||569 miles||494 nm||SSW|
|Asuncion *||Fri 7:00 PM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||SSE|
|Rio Branco||Fri 6:00 PM||1047 km||651 miles||565 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Fri 7:00 PM||1480 km||920 miles||799 nm||E|
|Manaus||Fri 6:00 PM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.