Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 22:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.22 meters/second, 1534.4 km/hour, 953.4 miles/hour or 828.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 54.0"||953.20 mi||West||0° 05' 44.1"||6.58 mi||North||953.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 49.3"||887.09 mi||East||2° 45' 59.1"||190.22 mi||North||913.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Cruz||Fri 6:02 PM||123 km||76 miles||66 nm||WSW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 6:02 PM||162 km||100 miles||87 nm||NE|
|Sucre||Fri 6:02 PM||382 km||237 miles||206 nm||WSW|
|Cochabamba||Fri 6:02 PM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||W|
|La Paz||Fri 6:02 PM||644 km||400 miles||347 nm||W|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Fri 7:02 PM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||SE|
|Salta||Fri 7:02 PM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||SSW|
|Asuncion *||Fri 7:02 PM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||SSE|
|Arequipa||Fri 5:02 PM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||W|
|Rio Branco||Fri 6:02 PM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.