Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 22:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.25 meters/second, 1534.5 km/hour, 953.5 miles/hour or 828.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 54.5"||953.27 mi||West||0° 05' 45.0"||6.59 mi||North||953.54 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 40.4"||886.99 mi||East||2° 46' 18.2"||190.58 mi||North||913.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Cruz||Fri 6:10 PM||110 km||68 miles||59 nm||ESE|
|Cochabamba||Fri 6:10 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||W|
|Sucre||Fri 6:10 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||SSW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Fri 6:10 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Fri 6:10 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||W|
|Riberalta||Fri 6:10 PM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||NNW|
|Fuerte Olimpo *||Fri 7:10 PM||773 km||481 miles||418 nm||ESE|
|Arequipa||Fri 5:10 PM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||W|
|Salta||Fri 7:10 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||S|
|Rio Branco||Fri 6:10 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.