Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 22:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.42 meters/second, 1535.1 km/hour, 953.9 miles/hour or 828.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 56.1"||953.65 mi||West||0° 05' 49.7"||6.68 mi||North||953.92 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 53.4"||886.45 mi||East||2° 47' 57.5"||192.48 mi||North||913.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Fri 5:52 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||ENE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 5:52 PM||482 km||300 miles||261 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Fri 5:52 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Fri 6:52 PM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||E|
|Callao||Fri 5:52 PM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||NNW|
|Antofagasta *||Fri 7:52 PM||814 km||506 miles||440 nm||SSE|
|Cochabamba||Fri 6:52 PM||852 km||530 miles||460 nm||E|
|Sucre||Fri 6:52 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Fri 6:52 PM||1055 km||655 miles||569 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 5:52 PM||1773 km||1102 miles||957 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.