Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:12:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 11, 2013 at 23:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.50 meters/second, 1535.4 km/hour, 954.0 miles/hour or 829.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 57.1"||953.83 mi||West||0° 05' 51.8"||6.72 mi||North||954.10 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 30.8"||886.19 mi||East||2° 48' 44.6"||193.38 mi||North||913.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Fri 6:12 PM||604 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Fri 6:12 PM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Fri 7:12 PM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 7:12 PM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Fri 7:12 PM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Fri 6:12 PM||1658 km||1031 miles||896 nm||N|
|Quito||Fri 6:12 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||N|
|Santiago *||Fri 8:12 PM||1985 km||1233 miles||1072 nm||SSE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:12 PM||2143 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||NW|
|Córdoba||Fri 8:12 PM||2173 km||1350 miles||1174 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.