Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 1:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 01:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.95 meters/second, 1537.0 km/hour, 955.1 miles/hour or 829.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 01.8"||954.84 mi||West||0° 06' 03.6"||6.95 mi||North||955.12 mi|
|24 hours||13° 22' 26.4"||884.76 mi||East||2° 53' 01.0"||198.27 mi||North||912.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 8:02 PM||1186 km||737 miles||641 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 7:02 PM||2487 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Fri 5:02 PM||2709 km||1683 miles||1463 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Fri 8:02 PM||3107 km||1931 miles||1678 nm||E|
|Quito||Fri 8:02 PM||3487 km||2167 miles||1883 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Fri 7:02 PM||3795 km||2358 miles||2049 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 7:02 PM||3836 km||2384 miles||2071 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Fri 7:02 PM||3853 km||2394 miles||2080 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Fri 7:02 PM||3861 km||2399 miles||2085 nm||NNE|
|Santiago *||Fri 10:02 PM||3924 km||2438 miles||2119 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.