Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 2:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 02:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.40 meters/second, 1538.6 km/hour, 956.1 miles/hour or 830.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 06.6"||955.85 mi||West||0° 06' 15.1"||7.17 mi||North||956.14 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 22.7"||883.34 mi||East||2° 57' 08.0"||202.99 mi||North||912.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Fri 5:50 PM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:50 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 4:50 PM||1930 km||1200 miles||1042 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Fri 9:50 PM||2544 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:50 PM||3020 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:50 PM||3517 km||2185 miles||1899 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 3:50 PM||4078 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 4:50 PM||4338 km||2695 miles||2342 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:50 PM||4384 km||2724 miles||2367 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:50 PM||4621 km||2871 miles||2495 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.