Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.61 meters/second, 1539.4 km/hour, 956.5 miles/hour or 831.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.94 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||15.94 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 08.8"||956.33 mi||West||0° 06' 20.4"||7.27 mi||North||956.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 25.1"||882.69 mi||East||2° 59' 01.0"||205.14 mi||North||912.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 5:40 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Fri 5:40 PM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Fri 6:10 PM||957 km||594 miles||516 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Fri 7:40 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:40 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||966 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:40 PM||2560 km||1591 miles||1382 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 4:40 PM||2814 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 5:40 PM||3056 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:40 PM||3114 km||1935 miles||1682 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:40 PM||3374 km||2096 miles||1822 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.