Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.70 meters/second, 1539.7 km/hour, 956.7 miles/hour or 831.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 09.6"||956.52 mi||West||0° 06' 22.4"||7.31 mi||North||956.81 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 02.0"||882.42 mi||East||2° 59' 45.7"||206.00 mi||North||912.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 6:00 PM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 6:00 PM||1312 km||815 miles||708 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 8:00 PM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:00 PM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Fri 5:00 PM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 6:00 PM||2543 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:00 PM||2614 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 5:00 PM||2876 km||1787 miles||1553 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Sat 4:00 PM||3538 km||2198 miles||1910 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:00 PM||3616 km||2247 miles||1952 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.