Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 04:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.71 meters/second, 1539.7 km/hour, 956.8 miles/hour or 831.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 09.7"||956.54 mi||West||0° 06' 22.6"||7.31 mi||North||956.83 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 59.8"||882.40 mi||East||2° 59' 50.3"||206.08 mi||North||912.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 6:02 PM||127 km||79 miles||69 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 6:02 PM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 8:02 PM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Fri 5:02 PM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:02 PM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Sat 6:02 PM||2492 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:02 PM||2564 km||1593 miles||1385 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 5:02 PM||2826 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Sat 4:02 PM||3487 km||2167 miles||1883 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:02 PM||3570 km||2218 miles||1928 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.