Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 04:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.91 meters/second, 1540.5 km/hour, 957.2 miles/hour or 831.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.95 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 11.8"||957.00 mi||West||0° 06' 27.6"||7.41 mi||North||957.30 mi|
|24 hours||13° 18' 04.3"||881.76 mi||East||3° 01' 37.2"||208.12 mi||North||912.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 6:50 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||S|
|Alofi||Fri 5:50 PM||1055 km||656 miles||570 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Fri 6:50 PM||1147 km||713 miles||619 nm||E|
|Apia *||Sat 6:50 PM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:50 PM||1428 km||887 miles||771 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 5:50 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:50 PM||2069 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||N|
|Suva||Sat 4:50 PM||2266 km||1408 miles||1224 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:50 PM||2399 km||1491 miles||1295 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:50 PM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.