Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.97 meters/second, 1540.7 km/hour, 957.3 miles/hour or 831.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||north||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 12.4"||957.12 mi||west||0° 06' 28.8"||7.43 mi||north||957.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 50.2"||881.60 mi||east||3° 02' 03.8"||208.63 mi||north||912.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:02 PM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 6:02 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 6:02 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sat 7:02 PM||971 km||604 miles||524 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 7:02 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:02 PM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 6:02 PM||1362 km||846 miles||736 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Fri 7:02 PM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||E|
|Suva||Sat 5:02 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:02 PM||2109 km||1310 miles||1139 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.