Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 5:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.97 meters/second, 1540.7 km/hour, 957.3 miles/hour or 831.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 12.4"||957.12 mi||West||0° 06' 28.8"||7.43 mi||North||957.42 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 50.2"||881.60 mi||East||3° 02' 03.8"||208.63 mi||North||912.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:02 PM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 6:02 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 6:02 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sat 7:02 PM||971 km||604 miles||524 nm||WNW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Sat 7:02 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:02 PM||1181 km||734 miles||637 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 6:02 PM||1362 km||846 miles||736 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Fri 7:02 PM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||E|
|Suva||Sat 5:02 PM||1961 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:02 PM||2110 km||1311 miles||1140 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.