Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 7:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 07:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.70 meters/second, 1543.3 km/hour, 959.0 miles/hour or 833.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.2"||958.77 mi||West||0° 06' 46.0"||7.76 mi||North||959.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 34.3"||879.38 mi||East||3° 08' 10.3"||215.62 mi||North||911.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sat 6:50 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Sat 6:50 PM||905 km||563 miles||489 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sat 5:50 PM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||W|
|Noumea||Sat 6:50 PM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 5:50 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Sat 6:50 PM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Sat 5:50 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||SSW|
|Sydney *||Sat 6:50 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 7:50 PM||2089 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||NE|
|Canberra *||Sat 6:50 PM||2226 km||1383 miles||1202 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.