Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 07:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 07:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.71 meters/second, 1543.3 km/hour, 959.0 miles/hour or 833.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.98 mi||west||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||north||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 20.3"||958.78 mi||west||0° 06' 46.1"||7.76 mi||north||959.09 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 33.0"||879.37 mi||east||3° 08' 12.6"||215.67 mi||north||911.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sat 6:50 PM||864 km||537 miles||466 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Sat 6:50 PM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sat 5:50 PM||1106 km||687 miles||597 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sat 5:50 PM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Sat 6:50 PM||1271 km||790 miles||687 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Sat 5:50 PM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 6:50 PM||1308 km||813 miles||706 nm||E|
|Sydney *||Sat 6:50 PM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 7:50 PM||2106 km||1309 miles||1137 nm||NE|
|Canberra *||Sat 6:50 PM||2218 km||1378 miles||1198 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.