Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.97 meters/second, 1544.3 km/hour, 959.6 miles/hour or 833.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 23.0"||959.37 mi||West||0° 06' 52.0"||7.87 mi||North||959.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 23.9"||878.59 mi||East||3° 10' 18.2"||218.06 mi||North||911.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Sat 6:50 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sat 6:50 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||ESE|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 6:20 PM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 6:50 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 6:20 PM||1187 km||737 miles||641 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Sat 6:20 PM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Sat 5:50 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sat 6:50 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Sat 5:50 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 5:50 PM||1968 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.