Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.97 meters/second, 1544.3 km/hour, 959.6 miles/hour or 833.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.99 mi||west||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||north||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 23.0"||959.37 mi||west||0° 06' 52.0"||7.87 mi||north||959.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 13' 23.9"||878.59 mi||east||3° 10' 18.2"||218.06 mi||north||911.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Sat 6:50 PM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sat 6:50 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||ESE|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 6:20 PM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 6:50 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 6:20 PM||1188 km||738 miles||641 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Sat 6:20 PM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Sat 5:50 PM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sat 6:50 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Sat 5:50 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 5:50 PM||1968 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.