Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 9:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 09:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.15 meters/second, 1544.9 km/hour, 960.0 miles/hour or 834.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 24.9"||959.78 mi||West||0° 06' 56.0"||7.95 mi||North||960.09 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 36.9"||878.06 mi||East||3° 11' 42.9"||219.68 mi||North||911.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Katherine||Sat 7:00 PM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sat 7:00 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||NNW|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 7:00 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||SSE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 7:00 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||S|
|Dili||Sat 6:30 PM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Sat 7:30 PM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Sat 6:30 PM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Sat 6:30 PM||1758 km||1092 miles||949 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Sat 6:15 PM||1761 km||1095 miles||951 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Sat 7:30 PM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.