Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.24 meters/second, 1545.3 km/hour, 960.2 miles/hour or 834.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.00 mi||west||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||north||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 25.8"||959.99 mi||west||0° 06' 58.1"||7.99 mi||north||960.30 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 12.1"||877.78 mi||east||3° 12' 27.3"||220.52 mi||north||911.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Sat 5:50 PM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||S|
|Darwin||Sat 7:20 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Sat 5:50 PM||762 km||474 miles||412 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sat 6:50 PM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||NNW|
|Same||Sat 6:50 PM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||NNW|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 7:20 PM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||ESE|
|Baucau||Sat 6:50 PM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 6:50 PM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Sat 5:50 PM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 7:20 PM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.