Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.24 meters/second, 1545.3 km/hour, 960.2 miles/hour or 834.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.00 mi||west||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||north||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 25.8"||959.98 mi||west||0° 06' 58.0"||7.99 mi||north||960.29 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 13.4"||877.79 mi||east||3° 12' 24.9"||220.48 mi||north||911.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Halls Creek||Sat 5:50 PM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||S|
|Darwin||Sat 7:20 PM||535 km||333 miles||289 nm||NE|
|Kupang||Sat 5:50 PM||778 km||484 miles||420 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sat 6:50 PM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||NNW|
|Same||Sat 6:50 PM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||NNW|
|Tennant Creek||Sat 7:20 PM||812 km||505 miles||438 nm||ESE|
|Baucau||Sat 6:50 PM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 6:50 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Sat 5:50 PM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 7:20 PM||1077 km||669 miles||581 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.