Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.28 meters/second, 1545.4 km/hour, 960.3 miles/hour or 834.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.00 mi||west||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||north||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 26.3"||960.08 mi||west||0° 06' 59.0"||8.00 mi||north||960.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 12' 01.7"||877.66 mi||east||3° 12' 45.9"||220.88 mi||north||911.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sat 6:00 PM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Sat 7:30 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||ENE|
|Suai||Sat 7:00 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||N|
|Same||Sat 7:00 PM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||N|
|Dili||Sat 7:00 PM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||N|
|Baucau||Sat 7:00 PM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||N|
|Ende||Sat 6:00 PM||878 km||545 miles||474 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 7:30 PM||1249 km||776 miles||675 nm||SE|
|Denpasar||Sat 6:00 PM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sat 6:00 PM||1356 km||842 miles||732 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.