Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.33 meters/second, 1545.6 km/hour, 960.4 miles/hour or 834.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 26.7"||960.18 mi||West||0° 07' 00.1"||8.02 mi||North||960.49 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 49.8"||877.53 mi||East||3° 13' 06.8"||221.28 mi||North||911.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Broome||Sat 6:10 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||SSW|
|Kupang||Sat 6:10 PM||654 km||407 miles||353 nm||N|
|Suai||Sat 7:10 PM||791 km||492 miles||427 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Sat 6:10 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||N|
|Same||Sat 7:10 PM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Sat 7:10 PM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||NNE|
|Baucau||Sat 7:10 PM||929 km||578 miles||502 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Sat 6:10 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||NNW|
|Darwin||Sat 7:40 PM||962 km||598 miles||520 nm||ENE|
|Denpasar||Sat 6:10 PM||1150 km||715 miles||621 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.