Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.52 meters/second, 1546.3 km/hour, 960.8 miles/hour or 834.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 28.6"||960.61 mi||West||0° 07' 04.1"||8.10 mi||North||960.92 mi|
|24 hours||13° 11' 00.3"||876.97 mi||East||3° 14' 34.2"||222.94 mi||North||911.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Sat 6:52 PM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sat 5:52 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||N|
|Mataram||Sat 6:52 PM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||NNE|
|Singaraja||Sat 6:52 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sat 5:52 PM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sat 5:52 PM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||N|
|The Settlement||Sat 5:52 PM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||NW|
|Semarang||Sat 5:52 PM||1018 km||632 miles||550 nm||NNW|
|Bandung||Sat 5:52 PM||1135 km||705 miles||613 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 5:52 PM||1253 km||778 miles||676 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.