Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.56 meters/second, 1546.4 km/hour, 960.9 miles/hour or 835.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.1"||960.69 mi||West||0° 07' 04.9"||8.12 mi||North||961.01 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 51.0"||876.86 mi||East||3° 14' 50.6"||223.26 mi||North||911.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sat 6:00 PM||814 km||506 miles||439 nm||NW|
|Malang||Sat 6:00 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sat 6:00 PM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 7:00 PM||944 km||586 miles||509 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Sat 6:00 PM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||NNE|
|Singaraja||Sat 7:00 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Sat 6:00 PM||988 km||614 miles||534 nm||N|
|Mataram||Sat 7:00 PM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sat 6:00 PM||1049 km||652 miles||566 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 6:00 PM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.