Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.56 meters/second, 1546.4 km/hour, 960.9 miles/hour or 835.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.02 mi||west||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||north||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.2"||960.77 mi||west||0° 07' 05.0"||8.12 mi||north||961.08 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 49.7"||876.91 mi||east||3° 14' 53.0"||223.32 mi||north||911.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sat 6:00 PM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||NW|
|Malang||Sat 6:00 PM||914 km||568 miles||493 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sat 6:00 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 7:00 PM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Sat 6:00 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Sat 6:00 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||NNE|
|Singaraja||Sat 7:00 PM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||NNE|
|Mataram||Sat 7:00 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sat 6:00 PM||1040 km||646 miles||561 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 6:00 PM||1149 km||714 miles||620 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.