Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.57 meters/second, 1546.4 km/hour, 960.9 miles/hour or 835.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.2"||960.71 mi||West||0° 07' 05.1"||8.12 mi||North||961.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 48.5"||876.83 mi||East||3° 14' 54.9"||223.34 mi||North||911.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sat 6:02 PM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||NW|
|Malang||Sat 6:02 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sat 6:02 PM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 7:02 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Sat 6:02 PM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||N|
|Surabaya||Sat 6:02 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||NNE|
|Singaraja||Sat 7:02 PM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Sat 6:02 PM||1033 km||642 miles||558 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 6:02 PM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||NNW|
|Palembang||Sat 6:02 PM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.