Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 2:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 14:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.57 meters/second, 1550.0 kilometres/hour, 963.2 miles/hour or 837.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.05 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.05 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 39.6"||962.96 mi||West||0° 07' 26.0"||8.52 mi||North||963.29 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 31.0"||873.94 mi||East||3° 22' 15.6"||231.75 mi||North||910.50 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Louis||Sat 6:40 PM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||S|
|Saint-Denis||Sat 6:40 PM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Paul||Sat 6:40 PM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Pierre||Sat 6:40 PM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||SSW|
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Sat 6:40 PM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||SE|
|Toamasina||Sat 5:40 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||WSW|
|Antananarivo||Sat 5:40 PM||1148 km||713 miles||620 nm||WSW|
|Victoria||Sat 6:40 PM||1225 km||761 miles||662 nm||NNW|
|Moroni||Sat 5:40 PM||1618 km||1006 miles||874 nm||WNW|
|Diego Garcia||Sat 8:40 PM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.