Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.94 meters/second, 1551.4 kilometres/hour, 964.0 miles/hour or 837.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 43.5"||963.80 mi||West||0° 07' 33.5"||8.66 mi||North||964.13 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 56.2"||872.88 mi||East||3° 24' 52.3"||234.73 mi||North||910.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nampula||Sat 6:00 PM||90 km||56 miles||48 nm||ENE|
|Zomba||Sat 6:00 PM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||W|
|Pemba||Sat 6:00 PM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||NE|
|Blantyre||Sat 6:00 PM||373 km||232 miles||202 nm||W|
|Lilongwe||Sat 6:00 PM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||WNW|
|Beira||Sat 6:00 PM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||SW|
|Mzuzu||Sat 6:00 PM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||NW|
|Chipata||Sat 6:00 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||WNW|
|Moroni||Sat 7:00 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||NE|
|Fomboni||Sat 7:00 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.