Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Friday, October 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Friday, October 18, 2013 at 11:39 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.99 meters/second, 1551.6 kilometres/hour, 964.1 miles/hour or 837.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 44.1"||963.90 mi||West||0° 07' 34.5"||8.68 mi||North||964.23 mi|
|24 hours||13° 04' 44.5"||872.75 mi||East||3° 25' 11.6"||235.10 mi||North||910.20 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Zomba||Sat 6:10 PM||78 km||48 miles||42 nm||W|
|Blantyre||Sat 6:10 PM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||WSW|
|Lilongwe||Sat 6:10 PM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||WNW|
|Nampula||Sat 6:10 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||E|
|Chipata||Sat 6:10 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||WNW|
|Mzuzu||Sat 6:10 PM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||NNW|
|Beira||Sat 6:10 PM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||SSW|
|Mutare||Sat 6:10 PM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||SW|
|Pemba||Sat 6:10 PM||546 km||340 miles||295 nm||ENE|
|Harare||Sat 6:10 PM||603 km||375 miles||325 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.